Hi friends. The website was down for a bit while the back-end needed some work, but now that we’re back let’s get back down to business.
I will also use this as an opportunity to flood this page with pictures of my beautiful daughter.
Here’s this week’s content churn as I keep you up-to-date with everything I’m working on. I’ll also add what I’ve been reading to help share good work I see, and a new wrinkle will be each week’s must-listen and the best tweets that I see.
Direct questions/comments/etc. to @Brandon_Warne on twitter.
This week’s must-listen is III. Life: The Biggest Troll [Andrew Auernheimer] by Childish Gambino. As I’m working on a top-15 list of Gambino songs — to be published here — this is one I meditate on quite a bit. A lot of it reminds me of my inner monologue at any given time.
The line that gets me everytime is this one:
“We are the dreams of our parents lost in the future.” Kind of powerful, really.
Sunday – Nov. 19
- Recuperating day from long work weekend, no writing!
- Jalen Ramsey is the NFL’s Most Relentless Trash Talker — Robert Mays, The Ringer
- New images show Aaron Hernandez suffered from extreme case of CTE — Associated Press
Monday – Nov. 20
- Spent the day with my family, no writing!
- How far can Case Keenum take the Minnesota Vikings? — Matthew Coller, 1500 ESPN
Tuesday – Nov. 21
- The Pros and Cons of Moving Orioles Closer Zach Britton
- Appearance on the “Around the Bases” Podcast
- MLB punishes Atlanta Braves, declares 12 minor league players free agents — Jeff Passan, Yahoo! Sports
Wednesday – Nov. 22
Thursday – Nov. 23
Happy Thanksgiving. Here are cats reenacting 25 years of the Undertaker!
Friday – Nov. 24
- MLB is determined to find out if baseballs were ‘juiced’ in 2017 — Mark Townsend, Big League Stew
- The Secret (But Healthy!) Diet Powering Kyrie and the NBA — Tom Haberstroh, B-R Mag
— Darren Wolfson (@DWolfsonKSTP) November 8, 2017
#mntwins have talked with #Pirates about RHP Gerrit Cole and #Rays about RHP Jake Odorizzi. Both come with 2 years of control and shouldn't break the bank via arbitration process. 2018 projections are $7.5M and $6.5M, respectively.
— Mike Berardino (@MikeBerardino) November 22, 2017
WHY IS THIS THE ONLY BULLSHIT I CAN LAUGH AT ANYMORE I CANT BREATHE pic.twitter.com/GwOes0bPj0
— ari (@IosrscIub) November 20, 2017