Hi friends. The website was down for a bit while the back-end needed some work, but now that we’re back let’s get back down to business.
I will also use this as an opportunity to flood this page with pictures of my beautiful daughter — in this instance, with me and her uncle Cody.
Here’s this week’s content churn as I keep you up-to-date with everything I’m working on. I’ll also add what I’ve been reading to help share good work I see, and a new wrinkle will be each week’s must-listen and the best tweets that I see.
Direct questions/comments/etc. to @Brandon_Warne on twitter.
This week’s must-listen is from the introduction to MLB the Show 2017:
Sunday – Oct. 29
Monday – Oct. 30
- Me Too — Breanna Stewart, The Player’s Tribune
- Fielding Bible Awards — John Dewan, FieldingBible.com
- Anything Can Happen in Baseball, and Most of It Did in Game 5 — Tyler Kepner, New York Times
- Astros are one win from World Series title after outslugging Dodgers 13-12 in Game 5 — Andy McCullough, LA Times
Tuesday – Oct. 31
- Daily Pitching Column for The Sports Post
Earth to André 3000: The OutKast Icon Talks Life After “Hey Ya!” — Will Welch, GQ
Wednesday – Nov. 1
- Orioles: Discussing Free Agent Starting Pitching
- Guest on Minnesota Sports Weekly Podcast (Airs at 8:30 p.m. CT)
- Daily Pitching Column — last one of the year! — for The Sports Post
- The Physics of Batting Practice — David Kagan, The Hardball Times
- Dan Patrick discusses ESPN, Barstool Sports and his latest sports media venture — Michael McCarthy, The Sporting News
- The 2017 World Series has been absolutely transcendent so far — Grant Brisbee, SB Nation
Thursday – Nov. 2
- Did not write or produce anything!
- The day Chris Long gave a season of NFL checks to charity — Charlotte Wilder, SB Nation
Friday – Nov. 3
- Weekly radio hit with Mitchell Widmeier on AM1450 KATE in Albert Lea
- Twins Begin Offseason Roster Purge
- What Did the Dodgers Do Wrong? — Michael Baumann, The Ringer
Saturday – Nov. 4
— Grant Brisbee (@mccoveychron) November 1, 2017